|North Congregational Church } Covenant
When a person joins North Church, we make the following covenant together:
- The covenanting person says:
In celebration of Gods unconditional love,
- I covenant with North Church to be a vessel of that love.
- Together, we seek meaning in lifes mystery,
- strength for its challenges, and grace for the journey.
- I apprentice myself to Jesus,
- learning from experience that following him transforms us
- for humanitys good and to Gods glory.
- By the power of Christ,
- may the Spirits circle of love hold me,
- and draw others through me.
- The Congregation responds:
We welcome you into full participation
- in the mission and ministries of this congregation
- of The United Church of Christ.
- We covenant with you to mutual accountability
- to the Way of Jesus,
- within the Spirits circle of love and grace.
- Let the angels rejoice! Hallelujah!